WHAT AN EYE-OPENER!
Check out these figures, has the U.S. gone mad or is it just the people who are running it....
So often, we get caught up in a debate over political semantics and end up ignoring the hard-shell realities of what we're talking about.
According to ImmigrationCounters.com, here are some of the realities that the Fke-Gutierrez Bill would airbrush out of the picture:
1. Number of Illegal Aliens in the Country - 20,807,645
2. Money Wired to Mexico City since January, 2006 - $22,213,001,672.00
3. Cost of Social Security Services for Illegal Aliens since 1996 - $397,450,739,563.00
4. Number of Children of Illegal Aliens in Public Schools - 3,958,789
5. Cost of Illegal Aliens in K-12 Since 1996 - $13, 965,063,431.00
6. Number of Illegal Aliens Incarcerated - 332,594
7. Cost of Incarcerations Since 2001 - $1,398,127,429.00
8. Number of Illegal Aliens Fugitives - 642,799
9. Skilled Jobs Taken by Illegal Aliens - 9,872,838
Figures can trick your eyes. †Take particular note that items 2, 3, 5, and 7 reflect BILLIONS not millions of dollars -- and that item 3 exceeds one-third of a TRILLION dollars.
Can you imagine how much it will cost taxpayers if we triple the number of Illegalís entering this country!!
So, What's in a Billion?.......The next time you hear a politician use the word "billion" in a casual manner, think about whether you want the "politicians" spending your tax money.
A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases.
†††††† A.††††††† A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
†††††† B.††††††† A billion minute s ago Jesus was alive.
†††††† C.††††††† A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.
†††††† D.††††††† A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.
†††††† E.††††††† A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.
While this thought is still fresh in our brain, let's take a look at New Orleans. †It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division . . .
Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D), is presently asking the Congress for $250 BILLION to rebuild New Orleans. †Interesting number, what does it mean?
A. Well, if you are one of 484,674 residents of New Orleans (every man, woman, child), you each get $516,528.00.
B. †Or, if you have one of the 188,251 homes in New Orleans, your home gets $1,329,787.00.
C. Or, if you are a family of four, your family gets $2,066,012.00.
Washington, D.C. †.... †HELLO!!!† ... †Are all your calculators broken??
This is too true.........† And these numbers don't lie.........† and, it's not funny!!!